2009年6月26日金曜日

Homework ~Class#Number7 Name and Addresses~

1.Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?
My opinion is yes. It isn't matter wheter people with same national background or not.

2. Try to name as many feelings as possible in Japanese. ( 10 minimum) Then, write the English translation.
・幸せな/happy
・悲しい/sad
・腹立たしい/provoking 
・楽しい/interesting
・驚く/be surprised
・困る/be in trouble
・ほっとする/be relieved
・おかしい/funny
・好き/like
・嫌い/hate
・ワクワクする/be excited

3. Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?
Yes, there are some feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English. I often say "Yabai" and "Maji naiwa" . I have no idea about these feeling's good translations into English.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除
  2. I really agree with you.
    That's right, It is difficult to translate Japanese slungs.

    返信削除
  3. Hi!!
    Japanese modern word is very difficult to transrate into English.
    So, I think Japanese has various expression.

    返信削除