2009年12月14日月曜日

Class Number 6 Time

<1>Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
There are lots of proverbs in Japan. Among of all them, I think that time proverbs has an absolute majority.
For example, 「時は人を待たず」"Time can't wait for people"(I'm not sure that my translation is correct.)
It means that time flies, so it can't adapt for our reasons. I mean time is very important.

I think everyone accept these time proverbs.
I'm one of them. Because there's never enough time for me. A day has only 24 hours.
I expect that every people has a feeling like me. So, There are lots of time proverbs.

<2>Please explain what you think are the meanings of each of the 4 expressions.

1, Time is money
Money is as valuable as time. So we must not waste our time.

2, A stitch in time save nine
Taking actions in everything ahead, we can prevent troubles in the future.

3, There is no time like the present.
If you think doing something, you should start it in the same day. Making up your mind to do something, it is a lucky day. So we have not to defer actions.

4, Fashionable late
When people visit someone's house, they are about 15 minites late on purpose in America. Because it's manner. But when we visit someone's house, we have to visit on time in Japan.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿